Sleep isn’t sexy? On the contrary!
Shawn Stevenson, bestselling author and creator of The Model Health Show – and easily the smoothest voice in podcasting – tells us the one thing that we’re not doing to improve performance, fat loss, and life in general.
And it’s NOT exercise or diet.
Did you know that research proves that – all else being equal – a consistent lack of sleep is the #1 fat loss inhibitor in adults? Shawn knows, and he’s here to break it down for us.
What we talk about in this episode:
- What do fat loss, premature aging and food cravings have to do with sleep?
- Women vs. Men in the bedroom. (Not what you think.)
- The pros know that exercising less and sleeping more gets better results, faster
- Melatonin: good or bad?
- Shawn’s best hacks for the best sleep of your life
- How your electronics are ruining your sex life. (This one is what you think.)
- The #1 thing that helped Shawn improve his sleep immediately
- Ella overshares about her sleeping habits and makes another public service announcement about sleeping with your phone in airplane mode
- His #1 best seller Sleep Smarter: 21 Proven Tips to Sleep Your Way To a Better Body, Better Health and Bigger Success
- How these $10 glasses will help you at night. He’s serious.
- The software that reduces your computer’s glare by making your computer screen look like the room you’re in, all the time. How on Earth does this help? Shawn tells us. flux: https://justgetflux.com [free for Mac, available for Windows]
- Magnesium – the natural source for better sleep and overall better health. Try the Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil or Natural Vitality Natural Calm [Magnesium drink mix].
Want more? You can find out everything you need to know about Shawn right here, and leave any questions or comments below. If you love this episode as much as I loved making it, then leave a review in iTunes or tell a friend. Thanks!