cover photo cred: orgoneemfprotection.com
Cell Phone Radiation (and other things we don’t want to think about…)
Dr. Elizabeth Plourde joins us to talk about what the potential overload of radiation we’re exposed to from the many devices we take for granted as safe in our homes, in our offices and all around us – and how we can reduce the risks just by being aware and taking a few simple steps.
What We Talk About:
- What’s the “big deal” about EMF radiation?
- What are some of the physical and biological ramifications?
- How radiation translates to premature aging
- How is fertility being impacted by EMF radiation?
- Why are children more susceptible to the dangers or radiation than adults?
- Is anyone more or less at risk due to location, age, physical factors?
- Cell phones, cordless home phones, wifi and other common sources of EMF
- Isn’t it “here to stay” and unavoidable?
- What are we able to do about it while still living “in the real world?”
- What simple changes can we make?
- Why Dr. Plourde does not love FitBits and fitness trackers
- Do things like Qlink or other technologies work to combat EMF?
- Simple tactics people can employ to improve their home and office environment
- You can download and print this Reduce EMF Checklist that I put together for you
- Many resources by Dr. Plourde can be found on her site: www.emffreedom.com
- All of the products mentioned by Dr. Plourde can be found here
- More EMF blocking options are available here and here
- I use these “airtube” earbuds (and so does everyone else in my family!)
Aircom A1 Airtube Stereo Headsets: these reduce the amount of cell phone radiation exposure we’re getting from our phones. I love mine – and the sound quality is great (no difference from traditional wired versions).
More Reading & Resources
- Here’s an article on the link between cell phones and male infertility
- When the manufacturer tells you to be aware, please, be aware: Blackberry: Keep Our Phones Away from Your Body
- Men’s Health explains more about the worst places to keep your cell phone
- Electric cars mean more radiation – who knew?!?
- More on keeping your laptop and cell phones away from your body in this article
About Dr. Plourde
Elizabeth Plourde, Ph.D. is a Clinical Laboratory Scientist and North American Menopause Society Certified Menopause Practitioner, on the Advisory Board of the American Anti-Cancer Institute.
Her education and training in both medicine and psychology is augmented by experience gained while working with cutting-edge medical research laboratories for two decades. Applying this background to the health crises occurring today, her research has been devoted most recently to cellular disruptions of electromagnetic radiations that are impacting the body’s ecosystem.
Her fourth book: EMF Freedom 2nd Edition: Solutions for the 21st Century Pollution reveals how EMF radiation creates biochemical changes that result in cancer, Alzheimer’s, autoimmune diseases, obesity, infertility and miscarriages.
She is author of:
- EMF Freedom – Solutions for the 21st Century Pollution – 2nd Edition
- Sunscreens – Biohazard: Treat As Hazardous Waste
- Your Guide to Hysterectomy, Ovary Removal, & Hormone Replacement: What ALL Women Need to KNOW
- Hysterectomy? The Best or Worst Thing to Ever Happen to Me
What steps are you considering taking to reduce your radiation exposure if any? Let me hear from you in the comments!