032 – Lasting Love Connections with Luis Congdon
We already know that unhealthy relationships are bad for our health.
But how do we make our good relationships better?
How do we experience more intimacy, joy, communication and shared experiences with those people closest to us?
Luis Congdon is a relationship coach who has worked with over 300 couples. He worked on the nation’s largest research project on marital success and parenting, and he currently hosts the Lasting Love Connection podcast with his partner Kamala Chambers where they interview top relationship experts to learn more about creating positive, healthy, lasting love connections.
What We Talk About:
- How to keep the positive flow in your relationship
- How our intimate relationship impacts our health
- How to stop acting like employees in our household and have a little FUN
- The role of accountability in a successful relationship
- How to ask for the new results that we want
- The importance of touch
- The 6-second kiss and 8 hugs day – sign me up! ☺
Resources Mentioned on the show
Luis’ “ONE HABIT” to try for a week:
Take a Love Vitamin. OK, I made that up. Listen to Luis explain how he takes 20-30 seconds a day to meditate on someone that he loves. (Sometimes it’s his dog.)
Luis’ “ONE RESOURCE” that he recommends to us: A Return to Love: “A Course in Miracles” – apparently, Oprah digs this author, too 😉