Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes. Hold the Potatoes.
Bound to fool even the most starch-loving potato-eater. This healthy dish is SO satisfying. You won't miss the potatoes, I promise!
Write a review
- One head of cauliflower, in pieces
- 1-3 garlic gloves, crushed (amount depends on your preference)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or grass-fed butter (e.g. Kerrygold)
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk (canned)
- S&P liberally and/or to taste
- Plus anything else you would like...chives, thyme, nutmeg, etc
- Steam the cauliflower until tender, not mushy (add salt while steaming)
- Dump all ingredients into food processor or high-speed blender
- Process until smooth
- TIP! To break up cauliflower quickly, leave it in the bag and smash it on the counter "face down" a few times. No need for a knife!
- Get crazy: mashed cauliflower be used to replace mashed potatoes in lots of recipes, like Shepherd's Pie or on top of veggie casseroles. Try it a the bottom of a bowl of bean-free chili!
- If you're transitioning, or cooking for skeptics, use a mix of potato and cauliflower to start. BUT, try this first - you may be surprised!
On Air With Ella https://onairwithella.com/