Apple Cinnamon Morning Quinoa Bowl
Who needs oatmeal? Quinoa is a high-protein, naturally gluten-free grain. Along with its amazing healthy profile of nutrients, fiber and B-vitamins, it is the FASTEST cooking whole grain out there (10-15 minutes).
Write a review
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 apple, core removed and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
To add after it’s cooked
- 4 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 handful raisins (or other dried fruit of your choice)
- + sprinkle of slivered almonds
- Add 1 cup dried quinoa to a small saucepan with 2 cups water, sea salt and chopped apple. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn off heat, and let sit covered for 10-15 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy
- Stir in coconut oil, raisins, chia seeds and almonds (or any other toppings you’d like)
- Eat, enjoy and grab 150 more of Sarah's recipes in her beautiful cookbook!
- Other topping ideas include: peanut or almond butter, coconut flakes, other fruit or berries, a dollop of whole milk yogurt, applesauce, etc. Feel free to change up the fruit, depending on the season.
On Air With Ella https://onairwithella.com/