the GOOD, the BAD & the YUMMY
The weekly feature where I share one thing that I’m loving, one thing I’m not, and one simple, SUPER easy, clean-eating recipe.
- Time is running out on the 2017 $70 discount for the LIVE BETTER Retreat with me (April 2018)! Price increases Jan 1st. Click here to sign up today if 2018 is your year for the best YOU.
- The limited edition On Air with Ella message tees are on sale and will disappear on Dec 31st! Grab one today before they’re gone!
- Thank you, Patreon supporting members. Your contributions help cover the cost of the show ($161 pledged for December). Thank you Penny, Marki, Ashley, Mari, Camille, Hristina, Emily, Ellen, Erika, Jia, Tanya, Lhasa, Kelli, Kelsey, Cheyenne, Anita, Leah, Christine, Kelly, Eileen and Dede!
the Good: Black Seed Oil for Immune Health
- Black seed oil is said to help with
- Asthma & Allergies
- Skin Conditions like Eczema & Psoriasis
- Hair Growth
- Immune Health
- It can be used topically to help with skin conditions and even cleansing, but I take in it capsule form for immune health and potential digestive benefits
- I highly recommend reading this detailed post on Black seed oil by the Wellness Mama
- I currently get mine from Amazon: http://amzn.to/2Dh744i
the BAD: Getting a Flu Vaccine WITHOUT Knowing the Facts
There is a lot of information already out there about concerns people have with vaccines – e.g. concern regarding the mercury, aluminum, polyethylene glycol, egg proteins present in vaccines. The SHOULD WE or SHOULDN’T WE debate is often heated and inflammatory – the word vaccine seems to trigger extremely strong reactions in people. That doesn’t interest me. Learning the facts and making up my own mind does. So, here are some resources that you might find useful in your own exploration:
And, Dr. Tim Gerstner, founder and practicing doctor at Aspire Natural Health in Seattle, WA wrote an extremely useful article on flu vaccine covering topics that I’d not yet heard and are worth a read. The details shared in the podcast come from this article of his, and I highly recommend reading it and forming your own opinion. Highlights include:
- Ultimately whether you get the flu vaccine is your choice, at least for most people. Whether you believe vaccines are helpful or not plays a part in how effective they will be for you. [READ MORE]
- The science is lacking and likely will not be done because of current beliefs and structures, so don’t hold your breath waiting for it.
- In kids under the age of 2 and seniors over 65, there isn’t enough data to know whether the vaccine is helpful, and what data there is suggests that the vaccine may not be very helpful. [READ MORE]
- In everyone else aged 3-64, the flu vaccine demonstrates benefit in years where it is correctly targeted (about a 50/50 chance), reducing your chance of getting the flu from about 4% (4 in every 100 people) to about 1% (1 in every 100 people). [READ MORE]
- The flu vaccine, even if correctly targeted, does NOT protect against the 200+ FLIs (flu-like illnesses) that go around, so regardless of whether you get the flu shot, I recommend combining it with natural anti-viral and immune boosting therapies to create a comprehensive program. [READ MORE]
the YUMMY: Vegan, Low Carb Almond Butter Balls
What You Need:
- 1 cup all natural almond butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups plant-based protein powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
10-20 drops of liquid stevia
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix with a hand mixer
- Scoop out a tablespoon into your hand and begin forming balls
- Once all the balls are formed, you can roll them in chopped nuts, unsweetened coconut, cacao powder, or whatever you like!
- Keep refrigerated or freeze for later (yeah, right)
The Spydergrip hand-sewn, made of military-grade neoprene, and is the BEST WAY I KNOW to carry my phone, keys and ID while running, hiking, cycling, paddle boarding, skiing…you name it. I called up Ryan, Founder and Owner, and he gave me this killer discount to offer just to Ella listeners. And they ship globally!!!! Get an exclusive 47% off your first order with code “ELLA” Yes, global shipping is available!! SHOP NOW.