Health Starts at Home
90% of the lead dust in our home can be eliminated with one very simple and free change. Can you guess what it is?
You don’t have to. Meghan Telpner and Josh Gitalis are giving us the scoop! Join us as they take us on a virtual tour of our home and tell us what to look for, and how to make simple changes. Look below for details about Meghan and Josh’s online course!
- Check out Josh’s video about cell phone radiation and listen to episode 067 about reducing EMF in your home
- Meghan is a big fan of this pregnancy belly band (she has a little one on the way!)
- We talk about this incredible story of DDT in the 1940s – read about it here and here – this chemical was liberally used before anyone was fully aware of the dangers. Has much changed since then?…
- In the U.S., 84,000+ chemicals have been approved for use in everyday consumer products. Only 2,000 of them have been tested for human safety.
- Want to replace your shower curtain? see these washable hemp options
- How toxic is dry cleaning?
- Air fresheners – we talk about why you should avoid the nasty chemicals in these toxic bombs. Some of the most deleterious ingredients (volatile organic compounds (VOCs), benzene and formaldehyde) can cause headaches and nausea and aggravate asthma, and have been linked to neurological damage and cancer. Even more alarming are the phthalates that cause hormonal and reproductive issues, birth defects and developmental disorders. Why bring that into your home, when you can learn how to make your own?
- Cracking a window and keeping house plants are a great way to keep the air in your home clean
- Here’s a full list of helpful house plants
- Or, try a HEPA filter or these cheap charcoal filter bags
- Wellness Mama has many great tips and articles about keeping a natural, healthy home:
- Meghan and Josh have developed an online course for those of you who want to know more. This is an incredible training for those of you who might want to turn this into a project for yourself or maybe even a small business helping others!
- Click here to learn more
- March 15th: Early bird registration opens at a $50 savings [2 days only]
- March 17th: General registration opens
- March 30th: registration closes
- April 3rd: course begins
About Meghan and Josh
Meghan Telpner is a two-time #1 bestselling and award winning author (UnDiet and The UnDiet Cookbook), speaker, nutritionist, and founder of the Academy of Culinary Nutrition. Her husband Josh Gitalis is a clinical nutritionist and Functional Medicine Practitioner with a private clinic in Toronto. Merging the fields of functional nutrition and therapeutic supplementation with the healing benefits of key foods and lifestyle practices, Meghan and Josh are on a mission to inspire people to take their health practices beyond diet, fitness and lifestyle and start taking action to reduce the toxins they are exposed to in their own homes.