New Weekly Feature!
Welcome to The GOOD, The BAD & The YUMMY. In this new weekly feature I will share one thing that I’m loving, one thing I’m not, and one simple, easy, clean recipe. Every week, I will post links to the items or resources that I’m sharing, and any other thing that I mention, so make sure you’re checking over here for all the info!
the GOOD: Collagen & Gelatin
- Reference: Dr. Josh Axe’s overview of Collagen & its benefits
- Bone Broth: What’s the Big Deal? How Do I Make It? Where Do I Get it?
- Gelatin Recipes GALORE!
- The two “clean,” pasture-raised brands that I recommend: Great Lakes Collagen (green) and Gelatin (orange) and Vital Proteins Pasture-Raised Beef Gelatin and Collagen. They even have marine collagen!
the BAD: Canola Oil
- Natural News: Canola Oil
- Is Canola Oil Good or Bad?
- Hexane 101
- So what oils are actually good for you? Read Mark Sisson’s full overview here.
the YUMMY: Beet Balls (!!)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 medium raw beet
- 1/4 cup organic raspberries
- 4 medjool dates
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I imagine some work better than others!)
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 scoop collagen
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
Directions: roll mixture into balls and place in fridge for an hour to harden, then roll in shredded coconut (optional). ALL THE YUMS!
What do you think about this format? Please share your feedback with me.
And, if you’d like to learn more about how some of the links above help support the show, read this.