Part I of my conversation with Thyroid Coach and Hormonal Balance expert, Magdalena Wszelaki. Don’t miss out on the dozens of resources shared below.
What We Talk About:
- Achieving hormonal balance and thyroid health – it starts with the immune system
- The role of gut health, liver detoxicity and healthy sugar levels in hormonal balance
- Food triggers you may not be aware of, including onions, garlic, eggs
- The most common symptoms of Candida, including bloating, sugar cravings, brain fog
- How to test for Candida – stool, blood, and the free spit test
- Candida cleanse protocols
- The danger of Candida if you’re pregnant or plan to be
- The role of cultured foods for a healthy gut, and what’s wrong with yogurt?
- Can kombucha tea make Candida worse?
- What on Earth is Kvass?
- Get Magdalena’s beet kvass recipe
- Donna Gates of Body Ecology on the benefits and drawback of kombucha tea:
- Christa Orrechio of The Whole Journey – Candida Cleanse Protocol
- How to know it’s Candida?
- What to do about Candida? this article has a good overview, as does this one by Dr. Jeffrey S. McCombs, founder of CandidaPlan.com
- Dr. David Perlmutter’s book Brain Maker: The Power of Gut Microbes to Heal and Protect Your Brainfor Life
- Dr. Elizabeth Lipsky’s Digestive Wellness: Strengthen the Immune System and Prevent Disease Through Healthy Digestion, Fourth Edition
- The documentary The Business of Being Born
The Business of Being Born is a 2008 documentary film that explores the contemporary experience of childbirth in the United States. Produced by Ricki Lake, it compares various childbirth methods, including midwives, natural births, epidurals, and Cesarean sections.
Check out her programs for optimal health:
As promised, there will be a Part II in the coming weeks. Let me know what questions you have for Magdalena here (or just leave me a voicemail)!