Maddy Moon had the “Perfect Body” and She Still Wasn’t Happy
At a very young age, Maddy became obsessed with how food and exercise could make her look.
She developed a lifestyle, a body and frankly – an obsession – that (in her own words) took the place of relationships, mental health, relationships, sleep, food, her menstrual cycle, relationships, a healthy metabolism, happiness, RELATIONSHIPS, and anything else that is truly important in life.
Today, Maddy helps people see the light
Maddy has exchanged the “perfect body” (it wasn’t), for a balanced, happy, healthy, sexy, rich life. (And, oh, PS – she’s beautiful, beautifully healthy, and blissfully un-obssessed.) She helps others through her blog, her Mind Body Musings podcast as well as her coaching to find peace in their relationships with food and their own bodies.
In this Episode
- Understanding how the messages we get from our families and as children can drive us…and sometimes need to be reprogrammed
- What happened when Maddy entered the fitness industry, became a fitness model and had “everything she ever wanted” – and was miserable
- The impact of food obsession and disordered eating on Maddy’s life, body and relationships
- How the need for control, attention, validation and acceptance can lead us away from our true selves
- So you have the perfect body, now what?
- Where Maddy’s confidence comes from now
Maddy’s “ONE HABIT” to try for a week: Make and eat one intuitive meal without distraction.
Maddy’s “ONE RESOURCE” that she recommends to us: This book by Jen Sincero, of which I am also a proud owner 🙂
Check out some of Maddy’s best blog posts and articles:
- My Diet Was A Social Prison
- How Cellulite Saved My Life
- I Had the Perfect Body and I Still Wasn’t Happy
- Cultivating Body Respect
If you liked this episode, you’ll want to check out:
- Episode 015 – Andrea Owen on Confidence & Courage
- Episode 025– Dr. Sarah Solomon on Food Obsession
- Episode 029 – Nichole Kellerman Wurth on Intuitive Eating, Gratitude & Feeling Good Naked
Have questions for Maddy or Ella after hearing us chat? Leave your questions below – and subscribe to the show in iTunes or Stitcher to automatically get new episodes (and please leave a review to let me know what you liked about the show). You’re awesome!