I want to be Tosca Reno when I grow up.
OK, so some people claim I might already be grown up, but this woman inspires me to want to keep getting better every day, every year. Fit and radiant at age 56, Tosca Reno is the New York Times best selling author behind Your Best Body Now and the Eat Clean Diet Series. She is also a certified Nutritional Therapy practitioner, a fitness model, columnist, and a motivational speaker.
At age 40, author Tosca Reno found herself miserable, overweight, stuck in an unhappy marriage, and living an unfulfilled life.
Her self-esteem was at an all-time low. She barely recognized the woman she had become. Tosca found herself reborn when she realized she was the architect of her own destiny. She accepted new challenges to become super fit and healthy. She entered bodybuilding contests and started writing articles for Oxygen, a top fitness magazine. Her struggles and hardships in the past served to both inspire and motivate her in her career as a writer, motivational speaker and fitness celebrity. Her work encourages others to do for themselves what she has done – reinvent herself from being fat and frumpy to lean and purposeful. [Source]
Tosca teaches others how to alter their eating habits, to lose or maintain weight, gain muscle, boost metabolism, increase energy and be happier, healthier people living with purpose.
What We Talk About:
- How Tosca’s 50s are WAY better than her 30s – in every way
- How to maximize your life whatever your age may be (start now!)
- What does Tosca turn to when the chips are down?
- How does she stay motivated?
- What made her stop loving everyone else before herself
- How nutrient-dense, well-sourced whole foods and some exercise truly saved Tosca’s life
- How she went from frumpy to fitness model AFTER age 40
Resources Mentioned on the Show:
- I open the show mentioning this Q&A post on which protein powders I recommend
- I also read the names of some of the coolest people in the world who have left comments for me in iTunes Reviews – THANKS, YOU GUYS!
- Tosca has written more than a dozen books. Check out her Amazon page
- Roasted chickpeas – get the recipe
- Her “start here” with Eating Clean book recommendation:
Tosca’s “ONE HABIT” to try for a week: Quit sugar, or at a minimum, choose only whole foods for one week. Want more? Take her 4 week Strike Sugar Challenge
Tosca’s “ONE RESOURCE” that she recommends to us:
If you liked this episode, you’ll want to check out:
Episode 003 – Debbie Wilkins on Managing it All and Staying Fabulous
Episode 009 – Hal Elrod on Building a Life by Design
Episode 024 – Thai Nguyen on the Finding Your Why