Download your free Life Map here before you listen to this episode!
Kristen Brown is a renowned speaker, coach, widowed mom, award-winning entrepreneur and bestselling author of The Best Worst Thing: A Memoir, The Happy Hour Effect: Twelve Secrets to Minimize Stress and Maximize Life, and the forthcoming, The Entrepreneur Promise.
She is the founder of Happy Hour Effect, a company that helps people ignite their work and life, and in episode 022, she’s telling us how to pull the plug on stress and distraction and plan a life with purpose.What We Talk About:
- Kristen’s journey from new mom who lost her husband, to quitting her corporate job and turning her passion into a business
- Stress is inevitable; how we manage it is our choice
- Work / Life Balance is bunk!
- The “Maestro Mindset”
- How you can use a Life Map to determine what you should focus on
- Stress is inevitable; if left unchecked, it can lead to premature aging, health problems, fat loss resistance and more things you do not want or need!
- How multi-tasking and procrastination are sabotaging your purpose
- Ella’s continuous evolution from “over-busy” multi-tasker to better mom and non-crappy person
- Kristen’s Habit to Try for 1 Week: “The Power Pee” – a simple trick to make time for daily reflection
- Kristen’s Recommended Resources:
- Moment – the app that tracks your iPhone and iPad usage daily – get it in the App Store and read more about it in this article from The Washington Post
- 10-10-10: A Fast and Powerful Way to Get Unstuck in Love, at Work, and with Your Family by Suzy Welch
- If you liked this episode, you’ll want to check out Episode 009 – Neen James on Creating Your Ah-Amazing Life
- Check out these 10 Time Tracking Apps that will make you more productive
- Here’s a great article on why we shouldn’t be so proud of being so busy
- And, you can get Kristen’s books here: