Juicing 101: Ella’s Tips & Tricks for Making Green Juices at Home
Do you want these tips in a downloadable & printable PDF ?
Have you wanted to try juicing but don’t know where to start? Or maybe you’re looking for tips and tricks to make delicious green juices that don’t taste like “liquid salad?” I’ve got you covered in this bonus episode all about juicing!
We’re not talking about juice fasting, we’re talking about adding one green juice a day to your regime.
In this episode:
- Which juicer should you get?
- The most common mistakes in juicing
- The best time of day to juice
- Tips for saving time and money
- The difference between juicing and blending
- The ingredients that I won’t use when juicing
- Beneficial ingredients to add for detox benefits
- Ingredients that help to make your juice delicious instead of tasting like “liquid salad”
- The order matters…1) leafy greens –> 2) soft fruits and veggies –> 3) hard fruits and veggies
Benefits of juicing at home:
• You can quickly and easily add multiple servings of veggies to your diet
• There’s practically no digestion necessary
• The nutrients in juices hit the bloodstream pretty much immediately (<15 minutes)
• It’s easy to consume vegetables that you might not yet be eating (collards, anyone?)
• The results. With juicing, you can see your skin start to benefit, your energy increase and your waistline benefit – all within a relatively quick period
In short, juicing vegetables is an incredibly efficient way to get nutrients into your body fast. And you already know that green leafy vegetables are loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytochemicals that give you optimal health and an immune system boost.
- The definitive, free guide to juicing
- More tips & tricks here
- Learn more about the difference between juicing and blending (and how they complement each other)
- Juicer Buying Guides: Centrifugal Juicers and Masticating Juicers. I use the Breville (left), but here’s a good masticating/slow juicer, too (right):
Let’s Make Some Juice!
For best results, include 1-2 of these ingredients to “cut” the greens taste:
- organic green apple
- organic pear
- 1-2 inches tumeric root
- organic cucumber
Recipes you can try:
Basic Green Juice
1 organic (or peeled) cucumber
3-4 organic celery stalks
1 small organic green apple
4-6 kale, collard, or chard leaves
1 inch ginger
Check out these “3 Yummy Green Juices to Convert Skeptics”
Or, find one from these great books:
Don’t forget to listen to Episode 001 with Joe Cross for lots more information on juicing. And, if you haven’t checked out his movie, Fat Sick & Nearly Dead, you’ll want to! What questions do you have that weren’t answered in this episode? Leave them in the comments below and I’ll get them answered on the Ella Facebook page. Join me there!