Posts Tagged with: Energy and Performance
Can technology contribute to our wellness?
Josh Trent and I go deep into a variety of protocols that I’ve never discussed on the show before. Some of the things we cover:
- Josh’s story of transformation (and his journey continues)
- How to use technology as a “dashboard” for healthy living, especially for sleep, nutrition, hydration, and movement
- Why he considers wellness technology a “mirror of mindfulness” for emotional and physical habits
- The Muse headband for meditation. See a variety of options here.
- Fitbit trackers and how to best use them
- How wellness technology can help men and women beat decision-making fatigue
- Why intention and emotional intelligence beat any technology or device
- Neurofeedback – more to come soon on my visit to the Peak Brain Institute
- Meditation – Josh went on a 10-day retreat of silence. Learn more about Vipassana Meditation
- Holotropic Breathing – cleansing and clearing through intense breathing exercises
- Ayahuasca– plant medicine used in healing ceremonies; learn more about this controversial, ancient-now-trendy ceremony
- Click Here to Download the Life Balance Wheel Worksheet
- Here’s the article on fitness trackers, tech wearables and their EMF risks, and another view from an article in the NY Times “Wearable Tech as Dangerous as Cigarettes?” [Spoiler alert: no]
- Josh is giving my listeners a two-week free trial with the Nudge Coaching App – connect to your fitness tracker and get tracking!
Connect with Josh
Josh Trent is a podcast host, wellness coach, and founder of www.wellnessforce.com. By drawing from wellness technology as part of an integrative life practice, and with over 12 years in the health and wellness industry, his vision is to empower greater wellness in over one million lives through technology and emotion. From now until March 14, 2017 Josh is giving away more than $2000 in goodies to his listeners. Join in the fun here.
Let me know your thoughts on these topics below (or just leave me a voicemail right over there —>)!
What is the Truth About YOU?
Aaron Anastasi continues a theme we started with Bonnie Kelly in episode 088, and that we continue with under the Life Balance Wheel Series that we began in episode 082. Aaron wrote a killer guide to turning down our voices of limitation to “turn up the volume of our success.” His new book, The Voice of Your Dreams was really eye-opening for me, and he and I dive deep into some of his core principles in this episode.
Who Is Aaron?
Along with being an L.A.-based actor and filmmaker, Aaron Anastasi is a prominent success coach. He’s also a serial entrepreneur with online businesses such Superior Singing Method, an online singing program that has over 11.5 million views on his three channels.
- His book is a great one to read and to gift, and here’s a 50% discount code for the audiobook if you prefer listening vs reading!
- You can connect with Aaron on Instagram – he has a great page filled with motivational quotes. Check it out!
- I mention this in the show – our friend Bonnie Kelly’s book is a great accompaniment to Aaron’s: True to Your Core: Uncovering the Subconscious Beliefs that Wreak Havoc on Your Life – if you’re going pro in Personal Development 🙂
What dream are you “sitting” on? TELL ME!
Let me know in the comments…
It’s not a SKILL set, it’s MINDSET. – Elizabeth Benton
In This Episode:
- Mindset is never neutral. It’s either working for you or against you.
- “I know what to do but I just can’t do it. What is my problem?”
- So many people want change, sometimes even DESPERATELY, but they can’t/won’t do the work over the long term. What does Elizabeth suggest to break this pattern?
- DO LESS, WIN FASTER.
- What about people who are really struggling with past failures? How did Elizabeth stop beating herself up over the past?
- FAILURE IS THE BEST TEACHER.
- Download the Failure & Lessons Worksheet that I created for us
- “My life used to be ___ and now it is ___. I was doing great before, but now it’s all turned upside down and I don’t know what to do and have fallen so far … “
- “RABBIT EARS” VS BLINDERS
How to Participate in this Free Series:
- Download/print your Life Balance Wheel Worksheet
- Fill it out for where you are TODAY (not where you want to be…yet)
- Share with me where you are: what are you “high” in, where are you “low?”…what are your biggest struggles? You can answer this 3 question survey – it’s easier than email!