Podcast 016 – Eat More, Exercise Less. Jonathan Bailor on The Calorie Myth
“You will never heal your body by starving it.” – Jonathan Bailor
You first heard me mention Jonathan Bailor’s name on episode 005 with Carrie Brown where we sang his praises and the praises of his book, The Calorie Myth. One of the reasons I’m such a fan is that encountering Jonathan’s work was one of the early and major steps in my wellness journey. Jonathan’s work, along with Carrie’s recipes, truly helped me move from a diet-mindset to a conscious eating lifestyle.
What sets Jonathan apart from some of his peers in this space is his expertise backed by research. He has registered over 25 patents, and collaborated with top scientists for more than 10 years to analyze and apply over 1,300 studies. His work has been endorsed by top doctors and scientists from Harvard Medical School, Johns’ Hopkins, The Mayo Clinic, The Cleveland Clinic, and UCLA.
And today, he’s sharing some of his findings with us in an effort to move us away from calorie-counting and toward a lifestyle that works.
1) Jonathan’s “ONE HABIT” to try for a week:
2) Jonathan’s “ONE RESOURCE” that he recommends to us:
- Important: Listen to the episode we did with Jonathan’s co-host, Ms. Carrie Brown for tips on implementing the SANE lifestyle and getting more veggies into your diet.
- Get Jonathan’s best-selling book, The Calorie Myth
- Visit the portal of all things SANE here: SANESolution.com
- Get Jonathan’s cool new SANE Solution app for free. How it works:
- SNAP: Take pictures of your meals and easily tag food groups. No more confusing calorie counting!
- SCORE: See the quality of what you’re eating instantly via your SANE-O-Meter and patent-pending Calories 2.0 technology. No more guessing how your meal stacks up!
- SUCCEED: Stay motivated by sharing your SANEity, tracking, and achieving your goals. No more isolation and starvation!