This time of year, there’s a lot of talk on the interwebs about “Detoxing” and “Cleansing.”
So how do you separate fact from fiction?
Dr. Jillian Teta is back with us to talk about the differences between detoxing and cleansing, and the things to keep in mind if you pursue your own “Spring Cleaning.”
What We Talk About
- Detox vs cleanse – what do they actually mean?
- Your body’s “Big 5” paths to detoxification
- What helps and hurts your ability to detoxify
- Why you may need to try a cleanse, and how NOT to do it
- Dr. Jillian’s take on the off-the-shelf “detox in a box”
- When cleansing is a waste of time, money and effort
- The one thing you MUST be doing before you pursue any cleanse
- How a practitioner can help you with a structured cleanse
- Her husband, Dr. Keoni Teta’s take on the single best method to support continuous detoxification
Jillian’s “ONE HABIT” to try for a week: Sit to eat, and chew your food so throughly that is becomes a paste (eewww, but true).
If you liked this episode, you’ll want to check out:
Who is Dr. Jillian Teta?
Dr. Jillian is a medically-trained, naturopathic physician, the creator of the Fix Your Digestion gut restoration program and author of Natural Solutions for Digestive Health – a book that has been a huge success and has become a manual of sorts for anyone who has ever suffered from digestive distress, bloating, food intolerances, skin problems, digestive disorders, and people who simply want to achieve optimal gut health.