the GOOD, the BAD & the YUMMY
This is a weekly feature where I share one thing that I’m loving, one thing I’m not, and one simple, SUPER easy, clean-eating recipe.
Weekly Updates: Want to hang out with me in New York on October 11? Make sure you’re on my mailing list for details!
the GOOD: the Communications “Reset”
- I share a relationship tip for you that has worked wonders in my household for years 🙂
the BAD: Mouthwash
- Chemicals, colorants and total bacteria wipe out – this stuff is NASTY! Here’s are the details.
- Try oil pulling or a salt water rinse instead. Oil pulling is an ayurvedic healing tradition, and it’s super easy! Swish a tablespoon of coconut, olive or sesame oil around your mouth for anywhere from 5-20 minutes. When you’re finished, spit it out, rinse your mouth, and continue with your brushing and flossing routine.
- Relisten to episode 077 with Nadine Artemis for loads of holistic oral care tips – it’s a good one!
PROMO CODE – Save 5%
Nadine generously offered a 5% discount on all future purchases at LivingLibations.com. Use code ELLA at checkout. You can grab oral care products there, plus all of the amazing things we discussed in episode 068 regarding natural beauty options.
the YUMMY: Bentonite Clay Skin Mask
Bentonite clay is a natural healing clay formed from natural volcanic ash. It produces a negative electric charge when water is added to it, which aids in binding and removing toxins. When you mix water (or ACV) with the clay, it becomes a powerful tool to absorb toxins. This clay will suck that dirt right out of your pores and leave you positively glowing.
There are so many benefits of using bentonite clay, but here are some relating to the topical mask specifically:
- Heals and regenerates skin tissue
- Draws out toxins
- Prevents breakouts and helps clear up acne
- Unclogs and shrinks pores
- Prevents blackheads
- Excellent natural exfoliator
- Mix 1 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar with 1 tbsp bentonite clay. TIP: use plastic spoon to mix in a plastic or glass bowl – do not use metal (it diminishes the charge in the clay)
- Spread the mixture on your face (neck and chest, too!). Avoid the eye area.
- Let dry until it hardens
- GENTLY wash off with a warm, wet washcloth in a circular pattern
- MOISTURIZE! Your skin will be thirsty 🙂 I use coconut oil right after, or Living Libations’ Best Skin Ever
Support the Show
*NEW* Contribute to the show production and growth and/or sign up for the new private mastermind group here.
And, if you’d like to learn more about how some of the links above help support the show, read this.