123: Good, Bad, Yummy: Toxin-Free Sunscreen, Clutter & Chocolate Cherry “Nice Cream”
the GOOD, the BAD & the YUMMY
This is a weekly feature where I share one thing that I’m loving, one thing I’m not, and one simple, SUPER easy, clean-eating recipe.
This week’s PODCAST REPLAY recommendation is is not one of mine. It’s my pal Stephanie Dodier’s The Beyond the Food Show episode 065 with the one of my favorite humans, Sean Croxton. It’s all about beating fear, doubt and indecision and I couldn’t agree more with Sean’s big ideas. Want to join me and Sean in San Diego in September? Make sure you’re on my mailing list for details!
Reminder: get the details of this month’s listener giveaway HERE.
the GOOD: Toxin Free Sunscreen Options
- After learning more and more about just how toxic most “big brand” sunscreens are, we set to work on finding some more natural options.
- If you want to hear more about how sunscreen chemicals can be more harmful than the actual sun, please listen to this episode with Dr. Wiggy.
- This chart gives you links to the brands that we tried that made our final cut! CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
the BAD: Clutter
- One of my favorite authors (and previous guest) Gretchen Rubin says Outer order contributes to inner calm. Do you find that the act of getting organized or “uncluttering” helps you? Does outer order contribute to your inner calm?
- Need more tips on decluttering? try these, these or 100 more!
the YUMMY: Chocolate Cherry “nice cream”
- Frozen organic cherries, strawberries or raspberries
- Canned coconut milk – use enough to cover the fruit, and then add slowly to keep the thickness. (If you add too much, you still have a yummy smoothie.)
- 1 scoop chocolate or vanilla protein powder. Whey is the creamiest, but I can’t do whey any more, so I use egg white protein powder (and sometimes I just skip it and rely on the collagen alone)
- 1 scoop of Chocolate Collagen powder if not using protein powder (I really like this one from Perfect Keto), or 1 heaping tbsp of plain gelatin powder
- Dab of honey, molasses or coconut nectar (optional)
- Pinch of himalayan salt (optional)
- Blend all ingredients on medium until smooth
- Add anything that sounds good to you IN it or ON it….vanilla, cacao nibs, nuts – you name it. Tastes like soft-serve ice cream!
Support the Show
*NEW* Contribute to the show production and growth and/or sign up for the new private mastermind group here.
And, if you’d like to learn more about how some of the links above help support the show, read this.