Fat is an ORGAN?!?
Dr. Sylvia Tara is here to share some of the crazy insightful nuggets from her book, The Secret Life of Fat. You will never look at fat the same way again!
What We Talk About:
- Body fat – it does more than we think!
- How body fat works…what it does in our bodies
- The different types of fat: subcutaneous fat vs. visceral fat
- All fat is not equal
- The relationship between fat and bacteria / the micro-biome….how fiber and probiotics help
- Fat and hormones: a complicated story
- How not getting enough sleep can cause fat gain
- Gender matters – and men, you have it easier! (sigh. sigh.)
- Menopause and Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Eating quality food, sleeping and movement are STILL the biggest levers we have at our disposal
About Sylvia Tara, PhD, MBA
Sylvia Tara holds a PhD in biochemistry from the University of California at San Diego and an MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. She was a consultant with McKinsey & Company and has worked at the world’s largest biotechnology companies. She lives in the Los Angeles area.