116: Dr. Zach Bush – Bloating, Bacteria & the Biome
He’s back to due to popular demand…
Dr. Zach Bush is answering all of the questions that you asked after hearing him in episode 109!
What We Talk About:
- What are the signs that your gut is healthy…and signs that your gut needs help?
- Guess what? It’s so much more than the obvious. Including sleep, libido, sexual function, energy and creativity, relationship health and mood
- Can bad bacteria or candida cause depression / anxiety?
- What does Dr. Zach mean when he says “our gut IS our consciousness”
- Dr. Zach introduces the concept of our cells’ communication network.
- Why do some of us have worse gut symptoms the CLEANER we eat?!?
- One key issue: we aren’t digesting proteins and insoluble fiber well and they can create an “immune protective response” in our bodies (inflammation / bloating)
- The real question might not be “what are you eating?” but “how are you processing what you’re eating?”
- Which foods are tough on your body when you’re trying to heal your gut, and which ones can be very helpful (including mushrooms, lentils and even some grains!)
- Dr. Zach’s opinion on the foods you specifically asked about, including kefir, lemons, bone broth and raw apple cider vinegar (he likes Bragg’s version)
- The real dangers of glyphosate as I discuss in this recent “the GOOD, the BAD & the YUMMY” episode
Magnesium Oil Therapy
Restore for Gut & Immune Health
Dr. Wiggy, my repeat guest and also my doctor, recommended this product to me to assist with gut restoration. Then I found out from Dr. Zach the he actually created this product. If you’re interested in trying it, you can grab it on Amazon or direct from Dr. Zach here: shop.restore4life.com.
What is Restore? Restore is a soil-derived supplement that promotes an optimal gut environment. It is not a probiotic. It is not a prebiotic. Rather, it is a carbon rich, alkaline liquid, with lignite derived trace organics and essential trace amino acids.
One of the main elements in Restore is the lignite extracts. Lignite comes from decomposed prehistoric matter. As plants decompose, they first form peat, which then turns into humate, then lignite, then leonardite and finally to coal. All of these are rich in carbon. One of the differences between all of these elements is the amount of time and pressure that have been applied to them. Dr. Zach says:
“More than seventy percent (70%) of our immune system is found in our gut. We need tens of thousands of different strains of probiotic gut bacteria to support a healthy immune system. Clinical experience, in addition to cell culture studies, supports the theory that RESTORE’s proprietary formula creates the optimal environment in the gut to create a tight junction barrier and maintain our health and wellness. RESTORE is a daily liquid supplement designed to support the protection of the entire gastrointestinal (GI) tract against agricultural herbicides, antibiotics, GMOs, gluten and food-borne toxins by helping to create an environment where between 20,000-30,000 different strains of good gut bacteria thrive. Most probiotics on the market contain fewer than 24 different strains of good gut bacteria.”
About Dr. Zach Bush
Zach Bush, MD is one of the few triple board certified physicians in the country, with expertise in Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism, and Hospice/Palliative care. Dr. Bush was President of his medical school class at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center with his MD, and later became Chief Resident for the department of Internal Medicine at the University of Virginia.
Over the last 12 years Dr. Bush has continued to further his medical and basic science knowledge. He has published peer-reviewed articles and book chapters in the areas of infectious disease, endocrinology, and cancer. In his clinic, Revolution Health Center, VA Dr. Bush has seen clinically significant improvements in patients with Leaky Gut Syndrome, Gluten Intolerance, Autism, Type 2 Diabetes, Autoimmune conditions such as Crohn’s Disease, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Want to learn more from Dr. Zach Bush on How to Heal Leaky Gut? Watch this:
What questions do you have for Dr. Zach next time?