Get the Basics on PCOS
PCOS stands for ‘poly cystic ovarian syndrome’ – the condition of having multiple small cysts on the ovaries. It is normally diagnosed when a woman stops menstruating, or when she has trouble conceiving. PCOS causes infertility and irregular or missed menstrual cycles. Other common symptoms are acne, facial hair growth (hirsutism), balding, low sex drive, weight gain or difficulty with weight loss, and mental health disturbances.
PCOS is a problem of hormonal imbalance that plagues approximately 15% of women in the Western world – and this number is increasing. Why?
What We Talk About:
- What is PCOS?
- How do you know if you might have PCOS?
- How do you test for it?
- How we address it – from natural means to pharmaceuticals
- Why the traditional medical approach might not be your best option
- What causes PCOS?
- Our previous episode on Thyroid Health and the role of hormones
- I use a period tracker app in iOS called Clue (it’s free)
- Blood sugar support through metformin
- Natural supplements berberine and saw palmetto
- What is the relationship between paleo and PCOS? Why does it heal some women so well? Why do symptoms get worse sometimes for others?
- PCOS treatment options explained
- Dr. Wiggy and his practice have an online store to share all of their approved brands. See everything they offer at www.HealthAsItOughtToBe.com
- Resources that might offer solutions for you…
Want More Wiggy?
What questions do you have for Dr. Wiggy? Let me know and we’ll include them in the next episode.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Come Meet Me!
I am going to be bouncing around a bit in the coming weeks. I want to know if you are anywhere near these places as I arrange official On Air with Ella meet ups!
London, UK February 28 (early evening)
New York, NY March 10 (morning)
Los Angeles, CA March 24 (midday)
Reply here with interest…. It’s not a commitment AT ALL, but will help me determine the potential for a meet up. Stay tuned to the podcast for more info!