Note: I am not a doctor. I am not a health practitioner. I’m a self-experimenting lay-person sharing my experiences and NOT determining yours. OK? Please talk to your medical practitioner before engaging in any major changes in fitness, fasting or feeding.
Fasting for Wellness: Q&A Part II
Read Part I of this Q&A here.
- Which fast is right for you right now? Download this guide to help you determine your very best option: Fasting Guidelines
- Not ready to water fast? Start where YOU are. Check out these guidelines from the Whole 30 program, and make these 3 days about creating better habits.
Ditch that “all or nothing” mentality and aim for BETTER THAN BEFORE!
- Should we exercise while fasting? For Intermittent Fasting most experts say yes, but for water fasting, that’s a no. Walk, stretch and move, but don’t over exert yourself with training.
- Is fasting different / better for men than women? The jury is out, and the topic is hotly debated. Here’s a good summary of the issues.
- Even more Q&A can be found here, with great insight from Primal Living expert Mark Sisson.
- As mentioned (again), I will be using my Mag07 nightly during the fast to help (gently!) flush toxins from my GI tract:
- Listen to On Air with Ella episode 090 and episode 092 for all the background info on this January 2017 fast
- Get Jimmy Moore and Dr. Jason Fung’s book, The Complete Guide to Fasting
- Join the private Facebook page created for people interested in the January 2017 fasting group if you want to jump in on the conversation
- I am only sending email content to people who have asked for it. If that’s you, jump on my mailing list.
- Download Ella’s Personal Fasting Protocol: This worksheet shows what I will consume during my 3-day water fast versus my typical intermittent fasting periods. (Ultimately, though, remember to do what works for YOU.)
Put them in the comments, or find me on social media!
PS – don’t forget…if I don’t have your email, I can’t add you to the group. You can still lurk on the Facebook page and listen to the podcast episodes, though!