090 The F-Word: Jimmy Moore on Fasting for Wellness & Healing
Note: Jimmy is not a doctor. I am not your doctor. Please talk to your medical practitioner before engaging in any major changes in fitness, fasting or feeding.
Fasting for Wellness: Crazy or Cure?
Jimmy Moore is known for promoting a low-carb ketogenic lifestyle. He hosts the Living La Vida Low Carb show and has authored a wildly popular portfolio of books including Keto Clarity, Cholesterol Clarity, the Ketogenic Cookbook and now with Dr. Jason Fung, The Complete Guide to Fasting.
What We Talk About:
- Fasting and…
- Weight loss – the role of insulin. What happens every time we eat? What happens when we fast?
- Anti-aging – overeating suppresses HGH by more than 80%. A 2-day fast stimulated HGH by 5x. WOW!
- Healing – type 2 diabetes, metabolic disorder, gut issues, insulin resistance
- Do you have to have a low carb, ketogenic lifestyle in order to fast? (spoiler alert: no)
- Common myths about fasting
- How to do it – there are SO MANY versions of fasting and intermittent fasting
- Who should absolutely not fast?
- Want more info? Listen to Jimmy explain the science behind fasting as well as give more detail about his good and bad real-life experiences! Download this podcast in iTunes. It’s episode 1163 if the iTunes link doesn’t work for you.
- Bone Broth – a helpful aide to fasting. Get it delivered to your door.
- I use the Fasting Timer iOS app for intermittent fasting. It’s free and I find it surprisingly useful.
If I do a 3, 5 or 7 day fast, I will 100% let you know. And, if you want to talk to me about doing this as a group, please contact me – email me or leave me a voice mail right over there —> and let me know.
Did you know that there are two 100% FREE ways to support the show?
1) Leave a Rating & Review in iTunes – this increases the rankings, so more people see the show
2) Shop Amazon normally, but enter through this link: http://onairwithella.com/store/. You can read this important detail to find out how this supports the show at no cost to you. If you bookmark that link, that makes it super easy. Of course, if you’d like my custom recommendations, shop the Amazon store that I created just for you.