080 The Pill, Fertility & Natural Birth Control – Jane Bennett
What We Don’t Know is Harming Us
The birth control pill is convenient, prolific and utterly pervasive. It’s even touted as the cure for much that ails us. The Pill is taken by millions of women at some stage in their lives, and few of us realize that it is not without long term side effects. Clear links have been established between hormonal contraceptives and health dangers, including infertility and cancer. It’s time to get the facts, and to educate ourselves so that we’re making informed decisions. In this episode, Jane Bennett shares some of her extensive research, and empowers us to take back control over our health and choices. Join us, and if a friend or loved one can benefit from this information, please listen and share this episode with them.
In this Episode:
- What’s wrong with the Pill?
- The Pill is a drug with side effects that include depression and mood disorders, loss of libido, headaches and migraine, weight gain, increased risk of breast cancer and brittle bones
- …oh, and malnutrition – Jane explains why
- The Pill linked to cancer?
- Did you know that the World Health Organization (WHO) reclassified oral contraception as “carcinogenic to humans?” because, WTH?
- If not the Pill, then what?
- What are natural contraception methods? What alternatives to chemical contraception exist that don’t harm your health or fertility?
- Do they work?
- Apps that help track your cycle…like Clue
- Read an excerpt from Jane’s book right here
- Read this great article on restoring hormonal balance after the pill
- Want more? I highly recommend that you check out episode 043 with Dr. Veronique Desaulniers for more information about taking charge of your own health
About Jane Bennett
Jane Bennett is a researcher, writer and educator. She is a co-author The Pill: Are You Sure It’s For You? Jane launched A Celebration Day for Girls in 2000 and now trains facilitators internationally to offer this popular program (www.celebrationdayforgirls.com). Jane co-created The Rite Journey girls’ year 9 program (www.theritejourney.com), and continues her long-standing educational role with Natural Fertility Management (www.fertility.com.au).