Why Heavy Metal Detox?
Heavy metals are found within the Earth and in our environment, and while these substances can be tolerated by our bodies in minute amounts, heavy metals can be quite damaging to our bodies when they accumulate in higher, unhealthy concentrations.
As the levels of heavy metals increase in our topsoil, water, air, and in manufactured products and foods, they are absorbed through our skin, lungs and digestive system. Excessive heavy metals contribute to the development of chronic diseases in adults as well as psychiatric conditions and learning disabilities in growing children.
Apart from the environment, we may also be exposed to heavy metals through various health procedures such as having mercury filled silver fillings in the teeth. Also, people who live in homes constructed before 1978 may be breathing and ingesting lead dust from the paint on their walls. People who are fond of fish and other seafood may have already been contaminated with heavy metals due to contaminated waters, while others who reside near landfills may also be subject to increased levels of the same substances. Heavy metals can be found in protein powders, make up, body care products…the list goes on.
Dr. Weston Saunders – known to all as Dr. Wiggy – joins us to talk about what this potential overload of heavy metals can mean for us, and how we can reduce the risks naturally – oftentimes with great results.
What We Talk About:
- What is heavy metal toxicity?
- How does it happen?
- How do you know if it might be affecting you?
- How do you test for it?
- How do we fix it?
- Reduce exposure
- beauty products
- dental work
- Support the body’s natural detoxification processes:
- bowel movements
- What to eat, what activities to engage in
- Reduce exposure
- How does juicing help?
- How chlorella, parsley and cilantro contribute to chelation
Some Symptoms of Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Bloating / stomach cramps
- Blurred vision
- Chemical sensitivities
- Concentration problems – difficulty assimilating new knowledge
- Eyesight problems – sensitivity to bright light, night blindness
- Lethargy / tiredness – particularly after food
- Hair loss / thinning
- Joint aches / muscle pain
- Liver damage
- Memory loss
- Metallic taste in mouth
- Nerve disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Panic, rage, depression, strange thought patterns
- Sinus – chronic congestion
- Skin problems – crawling sensation
- Speech –word finding difficulty
- Teeth grinding
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies (heavy metals compete with minerals for absorption)
- Magnesium Chloride Flakes for a detox bath. Dr. Wiggy recommends this brand.
- Chlorella for natural chelation. I use this brand in my smoothies:
- Dr. Wiggy and his practice have moved their store online to share all of their approved brands. See everything they offer at www.HealthAsItOughtToBe.com
- Dr. Wiggy’s “ONE HABIT” to try for one week: Drink more water. Use a Contigo 32 oz Water Bottle for tracking
- Dr. Wiggy’s “ONE RESOURCE” to share: Stephen Buhner’s new book Natural Treatments for Lyme Coinfections
Want More Wiggy?
Connect with him on Facebook, and learn more about Dr. Wiggy and Health As It Ought to Be right here.
What questions do you have for Dr. Wiggy? He;ll be back, so let me know what questions you want answered!