062 Liver Detoxification with Magdalena Wszelaki
Liver Cleansing for Hormonal Balance
This is Part II of my conversation with Thyroid Coach and Hormonal Balance expert, Magdalena Wszelaki.
Get Part I – episode 055 is all about candida and hormonal balance through nutrition and gut health
In This Episode:
- Liver health – why it is so critical? how does it work?
- What are common things we do to overload our livers? How do we fix it?
- The role of liver health in hormonal balance
- What foods aid in natural liver detoxification?
- Where is all the toxicity coming from? Magdalena shares some what contributes to our toxic load, including:
- non-organic food (mercury, lead, PCBs and pesticides)
- air pollution
- tap water (fluoride, chlorine, PCBs, mercury, lead, parasites)
- skin care products (phthalates, BPA, triclosan, parabens)
- household cleaning products (triclosan, phthalates, parabens)
- medications (including commonly-used ones like corticosteroids, tetracycline and aspirin)
- plastics (BPA, PFOA)
- cookware like non-stick pans (PFOA – read my post about this here)
- How do you know if your liver is sluggish and what to do about it
- Try Magdalena’s Easy Liver Pate recipe and get that Vitamin B!
- Supplements that can support detox: Bentonite Clay (food grade), Psyllium Husk
- Supplements that can aid in digestion: Betaine HCL with Pepsin and Source Naturals Daily Essential Digestive Enzymes (these are the brands that I use)
- Magdalena’s Thyroid Detox program
Check out Magdalena’s programs for optimal health:
Let me know what questions you have for Magdalena here (or just leave me a voicemail right over there —>)!