Why are modern men losing their libidos?
What we talk about:
- 3 things you don’t know about Ben G (He was the lead singer in a rock band? Really??)
- How can you know whether your testosterone is low?
- What foods to avoid if you’re not interested in man boobs or belly fat
- The best foods to consume for testosterone production
- What common activity can turn a grown man’s testosterone level into that of an 8-year old girl relatively instantly?
- Are there food choices that can act as an aphrodisiac in real-time, or is that a myth?
- What in our environment is causing an undesirable increase in estrogen (in men and women)?
- The best exercises to boost growth hormone and testosterone
- What type of exercise will drain your T-levels?
- Competition and provisional exercise – what are they and how do they help?
- What one simple thing are you doing every day that lowers your sperm count?
- Ben’s workouts and what he did to increase his testosterone by 300 points (that’s a LOT)
- And other ways to increase manliness in general 🙂
What are the signs/risks of low testosterone?
- A decrease in sex drive
- Fatigue and lethargy
- Erectile dysfunction
- Fat gain (especially around the belly)
- A decrease in bone mass (and thus an increase in the risk of breaks and fractures)
- Male breasts – yep, man-boobs!
- Shrinking testes
- An increased risk in cardiovascular disease (men with very low T-levels are at higher risk of heart attack)
Have concerns? Check with your health practitioner. Tests are relatively simple, and you can even order your own from labs like:
Other resources mentioned:
- Want a treadmill desk like Ben? You can try the TrekDesk Treadmill Desk ($500), or this high-end LifeSpan TR1200-DT5 Treadmill Desk ($1500) – both have strong ratings on Amazon
- If you want to reduce the radiation you’re absorbing from your phone, try the PONG phone case or the Hollow Air Tube Headset that Ben uses
- Why? PONG says their cases reduce radiation exposure “by up to five times below the FCC Specific Absorption Rate (SAR)” based on results from tests in FCC-certified labs, and Air Tube headsets claim to “reduce 98% of harmful radiation emissions generated by cell phones” – I’m getting some for me, my hubby and son. Easy.
- You can get a free chapter from Ben’s best-selling book Beyond Training: Mastering Endurance, Health & Life, and it’s all about Detoxing Your Home.
- See more of Ben’s books here.
Ben’s “ONE HABIT” to try for a week: The Cold Water Challenge – brrrr!
You can read more about The Five Best Supplements and Foods to Increase Sexual Performance on bengreenfieldfitness.com
Or check out Ben’s podcast on Sex, Libido & Hormones [explicit]
And, if you have questions for me or for the expert, leave them here in the comments or shoot me an email. We’ll have Ben back on to talk parenting strategies for people who want healthy, strong kids, so if you have a specific question about food or habits for kids and parents, let me know!